How much do I have to pay for landscaping? The average hourly rate for a landscaper is $ 50. For example, expect to pay around $ 6,000 if you need new plants, lawns, and trees, while new garden lighting and natural grass cost $ 2,500.
According to the trade services website ServiceSeeking, landscaping your garden can range from $20/hr for minor work, but can reach $350+/hr for more complex garden projects. The average hourly rate for this type of job sits at $50, with a cost between $2,000 and $5,000 being estimated for a full design service.
The creation and maintenance of a garden require certain technical and plant knowledge: analyzing the soil, imagining the spaces, determining the plants that could flourish all-around your house. As for the shrubs and trees to be planted, each climate and microclimate allow certain varieties to be planted where others could not survive.
To avoid making mistakes and making the right choices, you want to hire a landscaper. Below you will find an update on the packages offered, the fixed prices, the hourly costs, and the prices of the services of a landscaper.
The landscape craftsman: his missions
The landscape craftsman is trained for specific missions different from that of a gardener. The landscaper is able to set up a project to create or restructure green spaces, after having carried out a diagnosis of the land and the environment. He develops a project and proposes sketches. He coordinates the work on the ground between the craftsmen of different trades, diggers, electricians if a pond or lights are present, gardeners, horticulturists, etc.
However, he can also take care of the maintenance of the garden and green spaces, mowing, pruning, and pruning of trees and other plants.
The landscaper is today considered to be a true architect of spaces.
Landscape craftsman: why contact him?
At first glance, planting trees, shrubs and beds does not seem so complicated. In practice, however, we quickly realize that this is a more technical operation than it seems … Some plants are less compatible with each other. When some prefer calcareous, sandy, or very humid soil, and little sun, others need arid soil and significant exposure to heat. Not everyone can claim to have this crucial knowledge in choosing the right plants.
The landscaper will immediately recognize the characteristics of your land and will be able to imagine and offer you tree and plant solutions for landscaping the garden. Durable, aesthetic solutions that allow easy maintenance and reasonable watering.
In addition, a landscaper will take into account your wishes, the possibilities offered by the land will consider reliefs to protect you from the prevailing winds so that you can enjoy an aesthetic and pleasant garden.
Price of a landscaper: what impacts the estimate
Several factors can affect the quote. The first is obvious because it is about the size of the garden. The larger it is, the more time will be needed for planting and maintenance, and the number of plants will be important. The variety of plants and trees chosen, their age and their quality will have a strong impact on the landscaper’s prices.
If you want your garden to be modified and earthworks will be necessary, the estimate will increase further. Finally, access to the property, if it is difficult, will also have an impact on the price of the landscaper’s work.
Cost of landscaping: fixed price
Landscapers offer several billing methods, including flat-rate billing. The packages apply both to the creation of a garden and to its maintenance.
- The fixed prices including the plans and the coordination of the works are on average from $400 to $800 for the creation of a garden of 5000 sq ft.
- For the creation of “turnkey” green spaces, with a surface area of 3200 sq ft, including plans and coordination, supply of plants, and carrying out the work, a landscape architect can offer a fixed price. between € 2,500 and € 6,000.
This price range depends on several elements, the presence of a basin, the size of the beds, the number and species of trees desired, the creation of paths and the installation of borders, and the various desired arrangements. The landscaper also offers garden maintenance packages. You should not confuse a one-off garden maintenance package with a garden maintenance contract that commits you to a fixed period.
- The price of a garden maintenance package is between $30 and $110 on average depending on the formula. This cost is monthly.
- The cost of the garden maintenance package also depends on the size of your garden, its composition, access difficulties or relief, as well as the tasks to be performed. Maintenance work is imposed by the cycle of nature. A package including tree trimming, brush clearing, and spring pruning of shrubs will have a higher cost than a maintenance package in high season.
Price of a landscaper: hourly rate and services (How much do I pay for landscaping)
A landscaper can offer hourly billing.
- The Landscaping costs vary depending on the size of the job and how many landscapers it requires. For small jobs such as lawn care or tree service, you can expect to pay $50 to $100 per hour. For larger jobs such as installation, prices range from $4 to $12 per square foot. When starting from scratch, most homeowners will spend between $3,000 and $15,950 for landscaping. Get free estimates from landscapers near me . So define your needs well before calling a professional to pay the price of the service you need.
- The hedge trimming hourly price typically costs $48 to $79 per hour, for an average price of $63 per hour.
The quote can also be billed per square ft. For exemple,
|Square Foot of the Lawn||Ave. Cost of Mowing|
|15,000 – 20,000 sq. ft.||$75|
|20,000 – 30,000 sq. ft.||$85|
|30,001 – 43,560 sq. ft. (up to 1 acre)||$115|
|2, 3, or 4 acres||$105 per acre|
Price of a landscape architect (How much do I have to pay for landscaping)
Calling on a professional to carry out your small garden maintenance work can allow you to obtain a tax reduction or a tax credit of 50% of expenses within the limit of a fixed total annual expenditure ceiling.
The cost of the garden maintenance package varies if you make equipment available to the landscaper or if they must provide their own equipment. These flat-rate services make it possible to avoid unpleasant surprises: the cost of the landscaper is announced in advance.
Landscaping Costs 2021
Landscaping Average Cost
Per Square Foot $4 – $12 per square foot
Per Hour $50 – $100 per hour
New Installation $3,000 – $15,950
Thanks to landscaping Cleveland for How much should Landscape cost? How much do I have to pay for landscaping